Beauty: Rose Gold manicure with Model's Own Chrome Rose

Is there a colour more worth obsessing over than rose gold? Why do we even obsess over colours? WHAT IS COLOURS? Deep shit, man. But anyway, I absolutely love rose gold in beauty products such as eyeshadow, and recently it has become my favourite nail polish shade. A bit of modern, sleek oomph, but still very understated and classy. I ended up buying the Rose shade from Model's Own Chrome collection after seeing it make the rounds on a number of beauty blogs, and despite this not being a raving review, I have fallen head over heels with the shade. Let's go into detail.

beauty: a review of Model's Own Chrome collection rose gold nail polish
The Model's Own Chrome collection (available on their webshop as well as on platforms such as amazon, where I bought mine) boasts 10 chrome polishes, but the Rose shades stands out from the rest because of its subtle balance between pink, copper and silver. I found the formula easy to work with: it dries quickly, leaves a flawless end result, and you can easily paint over a first layer. Chrome polishes should be used without a base coat or top coat by the way, but Model's Own advises you to layer up the polish to increase longevity.

beauty: a review of Model's Own Chrome collection rose gold nail polish
beauty: a review of Model's Own Chrome collection rose gold nail polish

I've only talked about what's great about the polish (that shade, ease of application, drying speed), but it's not all sunshine, rainbows and lollipops. For one, the formula tends to separate, and you can end up with streaks of pink next to pure silver, so you have to make sure that you shake the bottle before application. That's a minor issue, but the next one is my biggest frustration: this polish chips like crazy. Like, if you don't layer up enough you will have bits where the nailpolish just flakes off after only an hour. And if you do use a bunch of layers, you still won't get through the day without some chips by the evening. NOT a long wearing nail polish, more something for a night out or a big event. I have found that the nail polish does reasonably well on my toe nails, though, looking just fine for days on end.

beauty: a review of Model's Own Chrome collection rose gold nail polish

Conclusion: this polish is gorgeous, but don't expect it to be low maintenance. If you want a rose gold polish that will last, keep looking. I have ordered Essie's Penny Talk because I know now that this is a colour I wouldn't mind wearing every day of my life, and I have good hopes that it will stay on my nails longer than the Model's Own polish. I'll keep you updated!

4 comments

  1. Penny talk is gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try L'Oréal Color Riche nail polishes, they are great : you only need two coats and they have great longevity !

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tip! the problem is that I haven't been able to find any other brands offering this exact shade I'm looking for, so I'll just have to make it work :(

    ReplyDelete