Beauty: upside down orange cat eye

This is the second look I created when trying out the Yves Rocher 100% intense kohl kajal pencils (check out the first one here). Not all of the colours inspired me (nor were they all great quality), but the Bleu Indigo and Terre de Sienne ones hold a special place in my heart. The blue because, well, obviously, and the orange because I had totally not expected to be able to put a nice look together. I never wear orange (bad Dutchie), and because warm coloured eyeliner just feels weird to be, like it would just make you look as if you have an eye infection. NO THX. And yet, I was totally in love with this make up look when I finished it. It's playful, artsy, easy yet big and sort of something I'd associate with spunky anime heroines. I kept the rest of my make up dewy and bare faced to let the eyes speak for themselves. I also think the orange lower eyeliner would look great with virtually any eye colour. Hope you like it!

make up tutorial: upside down orange cat eye

Products used:
- lilac leaning white eyeshadow from Gosh's smokey eye kit all over the moving eyelid
- Catrice liquid liner for the cat eye
- Maybelline Volum' Express mascara
- Yves Rocher Intense kajal in Terre de Sienne on the waterline and below 
- some vaseline on the lips

Let me know what you think! Were you as surprised as I was about warm, orange eyeliner actually looking quite cool (pun not intended)?

10 comments

  1. Jaaaaa, mooi! Een subtiele zwarte cateye met onderaan een streepje goud-brons-geel-achtige eyeliner is een tijdje mijn favoriete look geweest. Om oranje goed te laten uitkomen is het volgens mij ook belangrijk dat je een goeie foundation hebt die je geen te gele teint geeft, dan vermijd je dat infectie-effect het beste denk ik.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goed punt! Als je met (warme) felle kleuren werkt is een dekkende foundation altijd een must, denk ik, omdat anders imperfecties benadrukt worden en het totaal effect rommelig kan overkomen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooooow cool! deze vind ik echt geslaagd! speciaal, but love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my cup of tea :), maar wel heel mooi aangebracht!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.M.G. How is this so gorgeous!?! I can't even understand! Never would have grabbed for this color and now I totally want it.You're hired ;-D

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. begrijp ik helemaal, ik had ook niet gedacht dat ik het mooi zou vinden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha thanks :-D ik was ook echt verrast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Heel gedurfd, maar echt supercreatief wel, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow zo cool! Heel modern geisha ook :)
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete