Dotted Dress, Knee High Boots


coat: Choies - polkadotted dress: H&M - scarf: gift - knee high boots: vintage

Yoooo I'm currently sitting in my office after preparing another move, this time to our final location which is a shared office space with the rest of our faculty. I'm pretty excited! My new spot has an amazing view which I'll be sharing with you via instagram as soon as I have settled in. Anyway, I have a little spare time before dropping by a "hello/goodbye" party on the new floor so I'm already writing out an outfit post to share tonight.

So, my outfit! I suddenly felt the urge to revisit some of my vintage/girly staples earlier this week, so here I am wearing this dress I've had for years. It was one of those H&M beauties. H&M does a lot of crappy items, but they compensate for it by producing so many lovely pieces like this pleated polkadot dress. I wish it was warm enough to wear without a coat but I don't doubt it will make a return when it gets warmer! You can see me wear it ages ago here and here (aka the one where I hadn't discovered how to properly use my ISO yet). As you see, even when your style changes, a lovely dress like this one will never lose its appeal completely. I always feel like a 60s folk singer when I put it on and how could that ever be a bad thing?

PS: I scored my tickets for Lady Gaga's Artrave in Belgium today so I'm secretly already counting down to september. Are any of you going?


10 comments

  1. aaaah, the polkadots! not currently wearing enough polka dots myself, lately. You totally rock this look, and those vintage boots are awesome. The scarf is that pop of color which drives this look to modern together with the coat. Perfect ensemble, I looooove it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik hou van de vintage stijl! Zo heb ik je leren kennen, dus misschien ben ik wat nostalgisch. Ik mis ook wel een beetje uw quirky smile die je vroeger altijd had! Maar de pot verwijt hier de ketel want ik lach zelf zelden op mijn foto's.


    Zo'n lange oversized coat mis ik ook nog in mijn garderobe. Bedankt om mij daar attent op te maken.



    Lies

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf suits your skin tone perfectly!!! <3

    http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://stylingdutchman.blogspot.be/2014/02/review-loreal-paris-caresse-shine-in.html ik heb hier nog maar gelachen! :D ja kweenie, ik neem vaak nog wel lachende foto's maar dan moet ik nog selecteren of de foto's bij elkaar passen, en bij de outfit. Bijv ik heb er een hekel aan als ik op alle foto's in de camera kijk. Tis een heel gedoe! :D ik zal proberen nog es wat vaker te lachen! In de zomer past dat meer vind ik, haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the coat and them boots together! :)
    Ik heb dat eigenlijk totaal niet, zo van die stukken van vroeger die ik nog draag. Bijna al mijn kleren van voor ik 20 (22 nu) was heb ik weggedaan of hangen te verstoffen in mijn kast. Nu ja, ik was daar toen ook totaal niet mee bezig. Nu ik meer nadenk over outfits, koop ik wel veel bewuster kleren. Hopelijk ben ik binnen twee jaar niet weer alles beu :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha ja anders blijf je wel bezig :D ik heb veel weggegooid, maar sommige basic stukken blijf ik blij mee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, that dress is so lovely and timeless! Looks perfect with those boots! And yeah, that scarf + your lipstick = gorgeous combination.

    ReplyDelete